Societe Generale and ALD awarded a 2021 CSR Trophy from the French-Chilean Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The Franco-Chilean Chamber of Commerce recently held their "Trophées RSE 2021," recognizing the Corporate Social Responsibility (or RSE in French) efforts of Societe Generale and ALD in Chile.
Founded in Chile in 1884, the Frech-Chilean Chamber of Commerce's objective is to promote Franco-Chilean relations and act as an integrating platform for their more than 270 members, including Air Liquide, EDF, Total, BNP Paribas, Veolia and Engie.
Societe Generale and ALD were among 10 applicants for the awards that also included Seché, Alstom, L’Oréal, Schneider, Engie, Air Liquide and Sodexo. The awards recognize an organization's efforts to voluntarily apply ethical and environmental criteria in their operations and relations with stakeholders such as employees, customers, suppliers, and the community in which they operate beyond current legislation provisions.
SG and ALD in Chile carried out many social actions in 2020, several of which started during the COVID-19 quarantine period. These social actions consisted mainly in delivering ALD vehicles to support municipalities and foundations in Chile with the following objectives:
- Having doctors available for citizens close to their homes.
- Transferring medical personnel and patients to healthcare centers.
- Transferring and delivery of medicines and supplies for local health care centers.
- Delivery of goods and sanitation kits to the most vulnerable families, neighborhoods and families.
As a result of these actions, about 200,000 kilometers were traveled while helping the most at-risk families. It also provided the opportunity to help people from different parts of Chile, reaching more than 1,000 families daily.
With these actions and recognition through this trophy, SG and ALD reinforced its commitments and values by acting with:
- Team spirit, getting our work team involved in each of the social projects
- Innovation as we were able to generate an idea and execute it despite imposed protocol constraints.
- Responsibility, as when we saw the COVID-19 situation in Chile, we did not remain quiet but worked to contribute to help others.